Are you interested in collaborating on the design of important community buildings that has strong social and environmental impact within a fun and vibrant collaborative design environment?
LM Architectural Group is seeking a Project Architect to join our growing firm. Our need is for a strong, creative and technical designer who seeks out the challenge and opportunity to collaborate within a diverse team, Client group and project portfolio. LMAG is a dynamic team of professionals with an established reputation for quality architectural and interior design services to clients across Canada for over 65 years. Our investment in our growth requires the addition of a career oriented, highly motivated Project Architect.
The candidate will work closely and collaboratively with the firm’s Principals, Senior Associates & Project Managers, in a “project team” environment – the focus of the position is on the collaborative design and technical execution of projects – in order to successfully meet design intent and project goals. We are interested in someone who is passionate for developing architectural design and details with innovation, creativity, rigor, and independence while collaborating with and learning from others. Strong collaborative skills and flexibility are critical, and the desire to learn and grow is essential.
- Work and collaborate closely with multiple project teams with strong organizational and communication skills;
- Participate in all design stages for integrated design practice;
- Prepare design and tender drawing packages including construction details and specifications;
- Possess strong technical and detailing ability with construction knowledge
- Possess Construction administration experience and knowledge of local standards;
- Assist in preparation and production of design and presentation materials
QUALIFICATIONS & KEY REQUIREMENTS
- Graduate of a recognized professional architecture program; and
- Professionally Registered Architect with minimum five (5+) years of experience on a wide range of project typologies
- Excellent knowledge of sustainable design practices.
- Exceptional design and communication skills (graphic, verbal, and written).
- Proficiency in AutoCad, Revit, Sketch Up, and Rendering Software.
You must demonstrate a passion for design excellence and innovation and be a strong communicator. You must be highly motivated, organized, assertive, and willing to contribute and engage in an open and collaborative work environment. You must also be able to work independently, seek input, and ask for help from team members when needed.
Please provide PDFs of CV, portfolio, and cover letter letting us know why this position interests you and why you are the ideal candidate by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Project Architect Position” Salary negotiable based on level of experience. We would like to thank all applicants in advance for their interest in us. We encourage applications from all qualified individuals and believe strongly in diversity. Please note however that only those selected for interview will be contacted.
Explore more news